Sunday, February 28, 2010

Review of research 4

I found this research a lot harder than any of the others. Many of the web sites I visited you could not find any information on who wrote the article or when the site was last updated. I found lots of information on my topic but much of it I could not use because I just could not find anything in the A.S.P.C.T. to make it credible. What was most frustrating is that with my topic a lot of really good information was on some of the pages and you know it would be useful if you were really doing a research paper but you just couldn't use it because it could be uncredible.

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    Yes, it is frustrating to find something that *looks* good but you have no idea if it is credible. It is why we like to encourage people to use the library databases when they are doing research for school. It is good to have that same amount of caution when you are looking for information for yourself,too. If you had a health issue you would want to be very careful where you got information from.

    Do you know you missed writing the summary for each search and doing the search in the subject directory?

    You are definately getting the message about evaluating websites!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete